We are looking for exceptional iOS, Android or web developers who want to hone their skills with React Native. We want people who are passionate about technology, and will embrace the challenges and opportunities of building an exciting business that has a positive impact on society.
CivicConnect, a high growth technology firm in the forefront of implementing new technology solutions for Smart Cities is seeking a unique individual as Mobile Software Architect/Tech Lead.
We work with a wide range of government, civic and private sector clients delivering innovative digital strategies and solutions that are transforming the way they govern, provide public services & information, connect with communities, protect the environment, and enhance society.
We’re entirely about the mobile experience for both iOS and Android platforms; from Ux to development; to lead-edge tools and build environments; from security to testing. We employ industry standards and best practices for mobile applications using React Native for core app development. We experiment with new ideas and cutting edge tools in pursuit of industry leading experiences, including Augmented Reality, advance map rendering & trip planning, Voice Recognition, Gestures, Sensors, and Wearables. We write clean, testable, and maintainable code with minimal debt.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Architect, Build, Test, and Deliver advanced mobile applications.
- Lead Mobile Product Development writing code with React-Native to deliver iOS and Android experiences.
- Work with Geo-location services, Maps, Data Management, SDKs and 3rd Party APIs.
- Develop clean, secure, extensible, reusable, and maintainable code meeting architectural objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new products.
- Ensure code follows test-driven development practices, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on improving application performance and reliability.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize technology efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Recent experience working with React, Redux, Node.js, Git, and NPM
- Prior experience with native Mobile Application Development for iPhone and Android using (Objective-C and Swift, or Java).
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented software development concepts, design patterns, data structures, problem solving, complexity analysis, and debugging.
- Experience working with third party libraries such as Google Maps, AFNetworking and Mantle and other APIs.
- Experience with Web Services (REST and SOAP), JSON and XML, MySQL, SQLite and mobile database expertise.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Familiar with performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Familiar with at least one unit testing framework, such as Mocha or Jasmine.
- Familiar with at least one end-to-end testing framework, such as Selenium or Protractor.
- Experience using, integrating, and optimizing front end build and verification tools (esLint / Grunt / Gulp / SASS).
- Good problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities.
- Work within an Agile software delivery environment.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Portfolio or a github account of cool projects.
- Experience React / React Native.
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience creating SDKs.
- Experience with Augmented Reality SDKs.
- Experience with User Data Security.
- Experience with application analytics.
This is a key position for CivicConnect as we expand our services and client base in the broad civic sector. We take our mission seriously, but also try to have fun fulfilling that mission.
Please include a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect person for this job. Please include recent salary history and any other information about you and your experience that we need to know about you. Submit your resume and cover letter via email ONLY with the subject line Senior Mobile Engineer to: email@example.com